Funny Spam Comments
No, we’re not talking about the deliciously maligned meat-in-a-can, but rather the mostly annoying, but sometimes funny, unsolicited comments on many of our blog posts. Blog spam, or “blam” for short (not to be confused with “Pam The Blam” from P90X), is spamming that takes advantage of the open nature of comments on blogs by repeatedly placing comments to various blog posts that provide nothing more than a link to the spammer’s commercial web site.
Unlike spam musubi (which I actually like), this type of spam can be infuriating. While we love comments on our posts (and encourage them!), spam comments can really rack up, sometimes at a rate of 50 or more in one day. Luckily we have a very good spam blocker that blocks these unwanted comments, and keeps them in a folder that we can sift through to make sure that no “real” comments get blocked.
Sifting through these comments has become somewhat of a fun game for us though, because some of the spam comments are downright hilarious! In fact, we’ve had so much fun reading them that we decided that we should share them with you guys. Here are some of our favorite spam comments from the past month (I’ve taken out the websites they linked to):
- Woah this blog is wonderful i really like reading your articles. Stay up the great paintings! You know, a lot of persons are hunting round for this info, you could aid them greatly. - will bankruptcy stop foreclosure
Thank you Will Bankruptcy Stop Foreclosure, we appreciate how much you like our great paintings.
- i didn’t like this post very much but all of your other posts are very good. - Adalgisa
Most of the spam comments are people blowing smoke up our butts telling us how much they love the blog and following it with a link. But some try to get around the spam filter by giving us a backhanded compliment like the one above.
- Usually, you can wear almost any sneakers whenever operating your cycle. Nonetheless, if you need to accomplish efficiency, convenience, and perchance avoid accidental injuries, you wish to put on a good pair associated with biking sneakers. These shoes are specifically made to create much more energy in every your pedal cerebrovascular event. With the clip-in method, they’re secured for the pedals. In this way, an even distribution associated with push is used to both upstroke and straight down heart stroke resulting to a much more effective biking action. - hypothekee
This comment went on for 8 more paragraphs. That’s another style of spam that we get. Full novels of nothingness, like this one about bike shoes.
- certainly like your website however you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very bothersome to tell the reality however I’ll surely come again again. – get rid of penis hair
Another popular target is our spelling. This one makes the list because of the fantastic name of the comment poster.
- If you put a “like” I’d share this on Facebook. – Roseanne
Well Roseanne, if you were a real person you’d know that we have a Facebook “like” button at the top of every article, and you can “like” our Facebook Page at the bottom of the front page.
- I saw this website and got so excited that I superman punched my dog! – Jenny
- I saw this site and got so excited that I hurricane punched a dinosaur! – Rose
We can only hope that all of our readers have the exact same reaction that Jenny and Rose had after reading one of our posts!