Verbose as we are, there is no way we can spend the next year constantly
yelling talking to each other. Terrible as it may sound to the ears of an outsider, singing as loudly as possible is a frequent occurrence in The Highland Flinger (THF). We will make a playlist of what we’re slappin the air bass to. Each list will contain songs from artists/bands from the state or will allude to the state in some way.
2. No Doubt – Sunday Morning
Still funky fresh after all these years.
3. Sublime – Badfish
Tell me are you a badfish, too?
5. Maroon 5 – Sweetest Goodbye
Jackie’s favorite Maroon 5 song.
6. The Dirty Heads (with Rome) – Lay Me Down
Mark’s favorite lyric: “It’s just tequila and the beach, that’s why it’s salty when we kiss.”
8. Snoop Dogg – Gin And Juice
A white girl belting every single word of this song is beyond amazing. It’s happening in the THFer.
9. Eagles – Hotel California
Favorite lyric: “You can check out any time you’d like, but you can never leave.”
10. The Rosewood Thieves – Los Angeles
Although we left LA, we’re still in love with the sun.
11. Jack’s Mannequin – Holiday From Real
If you left it up to us, every day would be a holiday from real. For real.
12. Ben Harper – In The Colors
If this crazy world spins itself down to dust, I wanna be with you in the colors.
13. Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros – Home
“Home is wherever I’m with you.” Pretty much a motto for this trip (awwwww. sap. tear.)
14. Otis Redding – [Sittin' On] The Dock Of The Bay
How can you listen to this song and not be happy?
15. Counting Crows – Mr. Jones
Feels like middle school, sounds like awesome.
Leave a comment below and tell us what songs you think we should’ve included!