Playlist – Nevada
Verbose as we are, there is no way we can spend the next year constantly
yelling talking to each other. Terrible as it may sound to the ears of an outsider, singing as loudly as possible is a frequent occurrence in The Highland Flinger (THF). We will make a playlist of what we’re slappin the air bass to. Each list will contain songs from artists/bands from the state or will allude to the state in some way.
Finding songs for Nevada was hard. Those that stem from Vegas were easy to collect, of course and it makes sense given that Vegas is one of three cities that hold a sizeable population in Nevada. Eighty-six percent of the land in Nevada is government owned and the highways dedicate to Veterans are numerous. It’s fitting then that we are incluing some pro-American ditties.
1. Toby Keith – Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American)
We’ll put a boot in your ass, it’s the American way. We think.
2. Team America – America, F*ck Yeah
If you don’t like America, then you can geeeeet out!
3. Chely Wright – Bumper Of My SUV
By the end of this, the Highland Flinger’s bumper might just fall off due to the weight of bumper stickers.
4. Rodney Atkins – It’s America
Did you ever have a lemonade stand as a child? You mini capitalist, you!
5. Brooks and Dunn – Only In America
With lyrics like, “one kid helps pay the rent”, this song should really be titled, “Only in China”.
6. Sheryl Crow – Leaving Las Vegas
I quit my job as a dancer. Now I travel in an RV an write about it.
7. Elvis Presley – Viva Las Vegas
That’s Spanish for “Long live the meadows.”
8. Katy Perry – Waking Up In Vegas
I’ve never had enough glitter on me to shake it off. However, this is something that sounds terrific. Also, I would not recommend a fake ID in Vegas.
9. Burt Bacharach – What The World Needs Now Is Love
Everytime I go to Vegas, I think of this movie scene. I don’t care what you say, Austin Powers is great film. YEAH BABY!
11. Panic! At the Disco – I Write Sins Not Tragedies
Sometimes when we hear people talking in an RV park we wonder, “Haven’t you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?”
13. Celine Dion – My Heart Will Go On
We were trying to get away without using Celine Dion, but due to high demand (no seriously, she was sold out in Vegas, like every night for 4 years) we’ve included this classic from 1997. The cheesy singing and movements performed in the Highland Flinger to this song are remarkable.
14. Elvis Presley – Can’t Help Falling In Love (Live August 22, 1969 At The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV)
Another classic from The King, live from Vegas.
15. Wayne Newton – Danke Schoen
A thank you, from Mr. Las Vegas.