Playlist – Wyoming
Verbose as we are, there is no way we can spend the next year constantly
yelling talking to each other. Terrible as it may sound to the ears of an outsider, singing as loudly as possible is a frequent occurrence in The Highland Flinger (THF). We will make a playlist of what we’re slappin’ the air bass to. Each list will contain songs from artists/bands from the state or will allude to the state in some way.
3. Chris LeDoux – Hooked On An 8 Second Ride
After watching the bull riding at the rodeo, we don’t know how anyone could get hooked on that 8 second ride.
4. Roy Rogers – (Oh Why, Oh Why Did I Ever Leave) Wyoming
A Roy Rogers kicks a Shirley Temples ass any day of the week. And if you don’t know what I’m talking about, then that previous sentence sounded pretty weird.
6. Blossom Dearie – Rhode Island Is Famous For You
Mink and Wyoming rhyme, right?
7. Garth Brooks – The Beaches Of Cheyenne
Beach front houses for sale in Cheyenne. Don’t tell anyone there’s no ocean though.
8. Highway 101 – Someone Believed
No Highway 101 in Wyoming, but they’ll write a song about it anyway dammit!
9. Randy Travis – Roamin’ Wyomin’
“Dreaming of your chestnut hair” is more than a little weird. Just saying.
10. Paul Whiteman and His Orchestra – Roamin’ To Wyomin’
You all need a little culture in your lives, courtesy of some orchestra music
11. The Lillingtons – Robots In My Dreams
Great 90s punk band in the same stylings as the Ramones. Even all of their songs sound the same as well.
12. Teenage Bottlerocket – Skate Or Die
I remember this game so vividly it’s unreal. The best part was obviously the jousting, because you know, that’s just what you do on skateboards.
14. Spencer Bohren – I am a pilgrim
After visiting Oregon Trail landmarks in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Nebraska, we’re like pilgrims in reverse.
15. Chris LeDoux with Garth Brooks – Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy
Did Hulk Hogan write the first three words of the title to this song?