Tag Archives: california

First Five States in Photos

We are officially 12 states in! I’ve taken approximately 7,000 photos. 90% of them end up deleted or banished to a life of neglect on the external storage devices, the the other 10% include decent pictures…and ones that are below. California Ahh California. This photo is from the International Surf Festival Charlie Saikley Six Man [...]

0 Comments Read more »

Playlist: California

Verbose as we are, there is no way we can spend the next year constantly yelling talking to each other. Terrible as it may sound to the ears of an outsider, singing as loudly as possible is a frequent occurrence in The Highland Flinger (THF). We will make a playlist of what we’re slappin the [...]

2 Comments Read more »

Best of the Beach!

At the Six Man Tournament in Manhattan Beach, California, the impressive costumes and the characters in them made the environment one filled with fun. Choosing our favorites proved to be a difficult task given all of the creative effort put forth by the teams. Here are our picks for the Best of the Beach!   [...]

0 Comments Read more »

International Surf Festival & Charlie Saikley 6-Man Volleyball Tournament

What do popping a squat, the WWF, grandmas with oxygen tanks, and Italian men have in common? If you guessed Charlie Sheen, you’d be close. However my friends, the things I describe are merely a smidgen of the sights to be seen at the Manhattan Beach Six Man Tournament, perhaps the most well known event [...]

3 Comments Read more »

Itinerary Update: First 5 Events

Our itinerary is packed with fun and exciting sporting events and competitions. The first 5 events that we will be attending/participating in showcase the vast differences between many regions of our country. We’ll be in California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona. From the terrain to the cultures and traditions, each state offers a different experience. [...]

10 Comments Read more »