Tag Archives: new mexico

Couple of Sports’ Latest Videos

It’s Monday! YUCK! But there is a silver lining in the dark, sad Monday cloud- WE HAVE VIDEOS! So take a break, watch our stupid faces, and feel good that you don’t have to use a spatula to scrape your ice and that no one is stealing your lunch meat (actually you’d better go make [...]

0 Comments Read more »

States #6-10 in Photos

We are officially 12 states in! We’ve taken approximately 7,000 photos. 90% of them end up deleted or banished to a life of neglect on the external storage devices, the the other 10% include decent pictures…and ones that are below. New Mexico This staircase in the Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe, NM is somewhat of an [...]

0 Comments Read more »

10 Things I’ve Learned – October 2011

1. National Parks stamps are addictive. At the beginning of 2011, Jackie and I took a trip to Joshua Tree National Park, as well as Grand Canyon National Park. Joshua Tree was our first visit to a National Park, and we were inspired by the landscape as well as perturbed that we had seen so [...]

0 Comments Read more »

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta: Part II – Albuquerque, NM

As great as our experience of being on a balloon chase crew was (detailed in Part I), the Balloon Fiesta had other fantastic events that made the week in Albuquerque at Balloon Fiesta Park so special. From dazzling balloon glows at night, to the expert skills exhibited by pilots during key grabs and other competitions,to [...]

1 Comment Read more »

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta: Part I – Albuquerque, NM

The best way of travel, however, if you aren’t in any hurry at all, if you don’t care where you are going, if you don’t like to use your legs, if you don’t want to be annoyed at all by any choice of directions, is in a balloon. In a balloon, you can decide only [...]

4 Comments Read more »

Balloon Fiesta Video

We had a great time at the 40th Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta! We’d like to sincerely thank our pilot, Wes Pittman, and everyone on the crew for welcoming us and showing us the ropes. Enjoy this video which shows a little bit of everything that goes on in one day during the fiesta. For more [...]

3 Comments Read more »

Linkz – New Mexico

We don’t have a new preview this week because we’re still in the same place! While we work on the new posts that we’ll be unveiling in the coming weeks (and psych up for hang gliding!), enjoy some of these links inspired by our surroundings and 4AM call times. New Mexico is in fact, cleaner [...]

0 Comments Read more »

Playlist – New Mexico

Verbose as we are, there is no way we can spend the next year constantly yelling talking to each other. Terrible as it may sound to the ears of an outsider, singing as loudly as possible is a frequent occurrence in The Highland Flinger (THF). We will make a playlist of what we’re slappin the [...]

0 Comments Read more »

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta– Weekend 1

Weekend summary: “Ooooh, big stuff! Ooooh fire!” This weekend we saw TONS of hot air balloons, learned a bit about what being on a chase crew is about, were part of a world record, and even got to be on the news. This week we will (weather permitting) ride in the balloon itself and see [...]

1 Comment Read more »

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Preview

When: October 1-9, 2011 What: Balloon pilots and spectators gather for 9 colorful days to enjoy the world’s oldest aviation sport. With 600 balloons (cut back from 750 in 2001), it is dubbed “The Greatest Show Off Earth,” fitting for a state with high numbers of UFO sightings. The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is one [...]

3 Comments Read more »